So now your website looks wonderful with everything that a site should include. But if your site is not attracting targeted traffic and converting them, then it is not nearly doing its job. It may be time to hire a Baltimore SEO company. An experienced SEO expert will assess your website, understand your goals and potential site visitors and develop a strategy to increase your search engine rankings.
Here are the top 5 qualities to look for in a local Maryland SEO expert:
1. SEO Experience
Anyone can establish an SEO agency and call themselves a search engine optimization expert. That does not mean they are competent at they are doing. There are many factors that make up SEO and it takes years of experience to know what works and what doesn’t.
Every website needs varied SEO tactics to achieve success. A true SEO expert will be able to look at your website and know the best solutions to implement to get more search engine traffic. Someone new at SEO will ‘try’ the same techniques on every website which can only have a limited effect, if any effect at all. Worse, it will damage the site rankings.
2. Understanding and Application of the 3 Levels of SEO
- The Technical Level: The structural effectiveness of a website which determines how easy or difficult it is for your website content to be crawled and indexed by the search engines.
- The On-page Optimization Level: The use of elements encoded on the actual website like keywords, tags and local citation data that that help increase search engine traffic.
- The Off-Page Optimization Level: Link building, authority establishment and ongoing inbound site references.
A proficient SEO will develop a strategy based on all three levels to maximize results. If search engines can’t effectively access the content on a website then other efforts will be diminished in terms of SEO success. SEO consultants need to understand current technical aspects that search engines employ.
3. Previous SEO Success
It’s easy to talk a good game in SEO. There exists many SEO techniques found online but effective SEO is the only thing that matters and results in happy clients. Anyone seeking to hire a Baltimore SEO consultant or company should check a few current references and potentially discuss how that SEO company helped in their recent success.
4. Marketing Expertise
SEO is a much like traditional marketing and the content should be crafted in a way that explains the benefit to the customer while leading them to a conversion. It all should be done in a way that is appealing and the SEO efforts should adhere to this aesthetic.
5. Clear Understanding of Local Search Engine Optimization in Baltimore
The SEO focus should be on conversions and not necessarily simply higher search engine rankings and more traffic. The focus should also include a good understanding of the local Baltimore, MD markets and client base. This combination makes for an effective SEO campaign strategy.